Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: What fuel pump are you using?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SC Hybrid - Do you have the big ass BOSCH pump inside or outside of the tank? I've heard it will fit in tank, but you have to do some modifying to the tank bracket and hose clamp it. Do you know the specs and part number of the pump you're running? The pump I'm considering flows up to something like 51 gallans an hour and easily handles PSI in excess of 100 (not sure of limit).

    Also, assuming you got a pump inside, would a strategically placed section of DynaMat help with the noise factor, obviously only an option for those not on a weight reduction plan.

    ------------------

  2. #12
    Inactive Member AMslp_late's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GSS-342
    It's not really all that loud. Only when I turn the key to ON and wait for it to pressurize do I hear it. I have a relatively quiet exhaust...comptech 2 1/4 cat back and I don't hear it while I'm rolling at all.

    Actually the fuel pump on my bike is a helluva lot louder than the GSS-342!!

    Austin

    ------------------
    96gsr 4door w/ a big hole where the motor is supposed to be!
    Current daily driver = 88 civic LX hybrid JDM B16A5 - 1/4...14.6 @ 94

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I forget that sometimes one cannot see my facial expression as I type...
    I was certainly NOT flaming. I am merely pointing out that big-volume fuel pumps work harder, and thus, make more noise. I personally do not find a Walbro GSS-342 to be that offensive... it is louder than the stock pump, but no so intrusive that it bothers me. I have seen many posts however related to the higher noise levels of many in-tank high flow pumps... everyone has their preferences.
    The stock Supra pump is reasonably quiet... but it is FAR more insulated in its mounting position in a SUPRA than it would be in your Integra or Civic... remember that the reduction of NVH in a 50K car is far more prevalant than that which is in a 20K car.
    Also remember that the Supra pump is NOT designed to operate under HIGH fuel pressures... it doesn't operate this way in its original application. The ECU handles the fuel delivery much like a HONDATA would... the fuel pressures stay very close to the idle pressures.

    The bottom line to my first post is that I believe that you should select a pump that will properly FEED your motor... and worry about how you can make it quiet if the need arises... not pick a quiet pump that MIGHT do the job.
    Find a flow graph of a Supra pump and compare it to a 255LPH intank pump... the results may surprise you.


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  4. #14
    Inactive Member SC HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2000
    Posts
    505
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    cpa,i have the ENDYN modified bosch pump,which is actually a little smaller than the original pump bosch makes,i guess.the pump is alot thicker than the little ass walbro pumps.the pump is in the tank and i did have to cut down the bracket that holds the pump,and also had to cut down the nipple ends of the pump to get it to fit into the tank.once again,not your ordinary bolt on.
    if i were you,i would install it "in line" instead of in the tank,too many modifications required unless your mechanically inclined.because its tighter than a virgin once its in.

    ------------------

    12.4 @ 110 mph
    NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM...in the werks!!!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 954DR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2001
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the inline Bosch. Hear it mostly on startup.

    ------------------
    95 4dr Gsr. Comptech 22 RearSway Bar, Thermal 3", KYB AGX w/ Sportlines. Quaife, CM Stg3 Clutch, CM Flywheel. 50 shot. Bosch/Endyn external pump, bigger fuel lines etc

  6. #16
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you want quiet.. definately stay away from my fuel pump. I am using aeromotive's 1000 hp external pump. It only flows 500 lbs /hr. If you are in a car next to me, it tells you.. BEWARE!!! It is consideribly louder than the walbro. On the flip side.. I really don't ever see this being my weak link for fuel! I like it personally, but then again, I don't drive my car everyday. Want more info? www.aeromotiveinc.com

    ------------------
    1992 Red Honda Civic CX Hatch Back street car
    B16a hybrid Drag Gen III turbo 9 psi - 12.215 @ 115.31 mph
    formerly w/ jrsc 11psi w/b18c1 - 12.58 @ 110.5 mph

    California Image Racing- Silver ALL MOTOR 90'CRX trailer queen
    best 1320 - 11.55 @116.9 mph
    Both powered by: SPEED PRO EFI

    1998 Super Sonic Blue Integra GS-R (completely stock now)
    With jrsc at 6psi best 1320: 13.78 @101.43

  7. #17
    Inactive Member HyBridEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2001
    Posts
    241
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the GSS-342 in my car and I can hardly hear it....but it might be because of my cat-back exhaust biggrin

    ------------------
    95 EX Coupe w/SC'd JDM B16 @9 psi

    http://community.webshots.com/user/hybridex

  8. #18
    Inactive Member B17Vortech's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2001
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had a Vortech T-Rex and you could hear it two cars away at the stop sign over my idling engine or anyone elses. I may be gettinga Toyota Supra TT pump. I know a few people have this pump in my year teg but have recieved no responses from them on what it took to put that pump inplace of my stocker. I will be gettinga bigger in-tank pump, and will be keeping my psi 48-58psi. Unless my kit makes me more HP tha 550's can flow at that psi.

    ------------------
    hi-tech 4-2-1,Sk2 IM,Holley 68mm TB, 550RC inj, RSR catback, and Hondata stage 4B Installed.
    Vortech 10 psi SC being installed as I post

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Type Rs:

    For the topic on hand, Just put some sound insulating material under the seat.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Been there, done that...didn't work. I had sound deadening foam under the seat. I had Dynamat "Extreme" on the fuel pump access panel, top and bottom....didn't work. Whiiiiiine. mad

    Oh well...the stock pump is doing me well for now. smile

    Sonny



    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 125cc Shifter (in the works)

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Type Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2000
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonnyballs:
    The wife who rides in the passenger seat!!! biggrin biggrin

    Sonny

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    God your cars loud!! biggrin
    Damn, Why is YOUR car so loud? biggrin
    Damnit!! when are you gonna fix your car? biggrin
    I hardly ever get to drive anymore!

    For the topic on hand, Just put some sound insulating material under the seat.



    ------------------
    1994 Integra RS
    AEM CAI, Greddy EVO, CM Stage II clutch. and this : www.home.earthlink.net/~scand/PICTURES/JRSCkit/htmlpix.htm going on very soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •